Thursday 2 August 2012

#311: Fashionably Retired

Karen, the fashionable retiree, is once again featured in You Look Fab, Seattle stylist Angie Cox's online newsletter.  This time we get four summer outfits that all look amazing but are not so over-the-top that most of us couldn't pull off similar, smart ensembles.   That's the good news.

The bad news is that Karen, like many older women, has coverage preferences.  With her, it's arms; she likes longer-sleeved tops and jackets.  Me too. Jackets are an older woman's best friend.  But not today, or any time soon.  We are in the midst of a heat wave here in Southern Ontario. It is going to be one of those steamy feels-like-37-degrees days, so adorable jackets will have to look adorable in my closet until it cools down a bit. 

My immediate fashion quandary is deciding what to pack for a few days away visiting my brother in Philadelphia where the weather promises to "feel like" 40 degrees (or, if you like, 104 degrees Fahrenheit).   I suppose that underwear and not much else would be an Angie no-no.  I wonder what Karen would wear?
***

No blogging until I am back in Guelph (doing laundry) next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment