Tuesday 13 November 2012

#321: Never Say Never: Another Fifty Shades' Footnote

A few months ago, I wrote about Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades' Fuss ) and declared that I wouldn't be choosing it for any of my retirement home readers, in spite of the fact that it is available in Large Print, unless someone requested it.

Sure enough, today when I dropped in to see what my clients would like, someone did.

"My daughter says that I should read this", said "Hetty" taking out the bit of paper on which she had written the title.  "Have you heard of this book?" 

I hooted with delight, but I should not have been surprised.  "Hetty" is my 84 year old Hunger Games enthusiast.   I assured her that I knew the book and asked if she was prepared for a lot of adult content. She coyly replied,  "Of course! I am an adult."

I've just checked the library catalogue.  There is a large print copy on the Bookmobile that I can pick up for her tomorrow. 

I can hardly wait to hear what she thinks of it.

And I wonder if she knows about the forthcoming movie... 








No comments:

Post a Comment