Tuesday 11 December 2012

#328: Return Ticket

I had an "open" ticket to Saskatoon.  I might have stayed one week, I might have stayed four. Being retired, I was completely free set my own timetable.  I could leave for home when it felt right.  You usually don't get to do that when you are working.  Lucky me.

But, while I would happily hang out with Baby Erik indefintely, I really should let his new mum and dad get on with the task of caring for their dear wee boy.

So I'm homeward bound tomorrow on a flight that will have me back in Guelph at 1:00 a.m. although  my body will think it is just bedtime -- midnight, Saskatoon time.   I will think of two weary parents trying to coax one restless little nightowl to sleep.  Sssssssssssh.  Sssssssssssh.

Sigh. 

I have had a lovely visit,  but I comfort myself with the knowledge that there will be many more. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes. I can see that for the rest of your life Erik will be a major preoccupation and joy. Isn't it great?

    ReplyDelete