Friday 23 December 2011

#156: Slide No-Show

Thinking I might surprise the kids at Christmas with a few images from their past, I have attempted to hastily organize our recently discovered horde of about 1000 slides. 

It turns out this is not a hasty task.  Peering at tiny numbers on tiny slides is a tiring, not to say, boring activity even with a self-imposed deadline.  So I haven’t made much progress.

My dining room table is covered with little piles.  They are sorted by location and date and some (the possibly-organized ones) are optimistically stacked in those little yellow plastic boxes from the camera shop.  Notes on masking tape stuck to these boxes hint at their contents, as in:  Trip to Maritimes?-- 1982?  

Slide show anyone?   

I can see that there is a reason “organize the photographs” is an oft cited retirement activity.  At the rate I am going, it could be my full time job for the next 20 years.

And in the meantime, I have other plans for that dining room table this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment