Monday 5 September 2011

#49: New Year's Day

It is Labour Day, a holiday that always seems to me like the start of the real New Year.

It is a time to plan ahead, and this time last year I was doing just that, thinking about the need to compose the volunteer newsletter, plan a workshop for my visiting library volunteers, and create pathfinders /book lists for the library website.

This year, I am contemplating different activities:  sorting books for the Friends of the Guelph Public Library,  weeding and organizing the library at The Village of Riverside Glen (a retirement and nursing home), and interviewing Riverside Glen residents about their reading choices so that I can help them make better use of the Guelph Public Library Bookmobile.  Almost forgot...I offered to help a high school librarian friend re-shelve her collection.

Huh.

Are all librarians so predictable?  Maybe I should sign up for that bellydancing class as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment