Thursday 3 November 2011

#114: Info Service

While I was at the preview night for the Friends of the Library book sale, I encountered one of the organizers, a retired librarian, standing by the exit with her smart phone.  "The reception is better here, so I'm looking up an author for someone" she explained, adding  "You never stop being a librarian!"

Too true.  I've just spent an hour putting together a rather involved answer to a reference question for a friend.

I was glad to do it.  "Can you find out something about....." is a request I cannot ignore.

But now the information desk is closed and I am back to packing for my trip to Saskatoon.  I'll get to hang out with my librarian daughter, talk shop, and no lieu time or holidays days were required.     

1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful time with your librarian daughter and give her my love

    ReplyDelete