Thursday, 5 July 2012

#296: Car Free Retiree?

One of our vehicles is otherwise occupied this week, so I thought what a good opportunity to practice being a one-car couple!

And the one-car-thing hasn't been a huge challenge, so far. Minor negotiations have sorted out potential problems.

Me:  I'm going to need the car this afternoon.
He:  Fine.  I'll have it home on time.

He:  I'll need the car for Tai Chi tonight.
Me:  OK.  I'll have it back by 5:30.

So I've had to come up with some imaginary conversations:

Me:  I'm having lunch in Cambridge this afternoon.
He:  What?  I have a meeting at the Y at 1:30.  That's too far to walk.

He:  So you know that I have the car in Toronto all day tomorrow...
Me: No!  I'm volunteering at the retirement home all afternoon and I have books to carry. I wish the bus were more convenient.  We need two cars!

There we are:  a balanced look at the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment