How do you know that you should refuse to take on added responsibility within a group to which you belong---even if it is very tempting? Check whichever apply:
- Rotisserie chicken has crept back onto your shopping list. You have no time to cook.
- You hope that delivering books to your retirement home readers qualifies as weight-bearing and aerobic exercise.
- Your current volunteer activities are starting to feel like work--right down to the projects completed at home in the evening.
- Housework? What housework? All the wastebaskets in your house needed to be emptied in April.
- You have just returned two books to the library, unread, and untouched.
- The tomato plant you purchased over a week ago is still in its nursery pot. The entire garden feels jilted.
- You can’t help thinking “I need another holiday!”
- Your husband keeps saying: “I thought you were retired.”
And he has a point. Retired people are allowed to say NO, and that is what I am going to do.