Friday 20 April 2012

#226: Over the Hill(side)


Well, I’ve done it now.

I’ve committed myself to another volunteer responsibility:  committee member for the Hillside Festival,  Guelph's long-running outdoor music extravaganza.

I am on the Volunteer Committee, a group that will give support to the very busy Hillside Volunteer Coordinator who manages everything to do with over 1,300 volunteers.  That’s a lot of unpaid help, and as my daughters (who have both been Hillside volunteers) pointed out, most of those volunteers are under 25. That’s a lot of youthful energy, enthusiasm and hormones.

I’m hoping some of it will rub off on me.

Sadly, however, I think I will likely be working on policies that relate to volunteers.

Never mind.  I get to say that I, too, am a “Hillside volunteer”.  And that’s pretty cool even if I am more over-the-hill than on-the-hillside.

No comments:

Post a Comment