Monday 23 April 2012

#229: Blah, Blah, Blah


Today is cold, wet and windy, an altogether wintery day, the kind that makes me feel rather blah, especially if the calendar declares that it is April.    .

It’s hard to find something really good to say about such a day.  I suppose that, at least, I didn't have to drive home from work in the rain and snow.

And since I wasn't at work at all, I might have defied the weather in any number of ways.  I could have completed my Monday activities (exercise class and volunteering) and still have found time to enjoy hot chocolate by the fire, curl up with a book, and prepare macaroni and cheese for dinner.  

I did consider all the comfy alternatives, and then went out to do a bit more canvassing.  It is hard to refuse a cold, bedraggled neighbour who has her Cancer Society collection book tucked under her down jacket.    

No comments:

Post a Comment