Tuesday 31 January 2012

#194: Vanity


A friend recently sent us a photo of our much younger selves, and my husband examined his 27 year old body.

"Wow, I was so much slimmer!    *long pause*    But I am still wearing the same size pants today.”

That is true....sort of.

Now that we are retired and can wear jeans any day of the week, we can also purchase them in skinny sizes we were never able get into when we were in our skinny twenties.  It’s a late-life miracle.

And I thought women were the only ones flattered by this deception...


1 comment:

  1. this reminds me of something Bill Cosby once said: He said it was a matter of pride with him that he could still wear the same size of jockey shorts as when he was a young man. ...But he went on to say that now he has to slit the elastic at the sides. ....Ha!

    ReplyDelete